Thursday, March 01, 2007

Founder's Day

One. we really messed the marching up.
Two. beginning on the wrong beat of the drums.
Three. Handshakes with our dear opposition MP.
Four. Awards were received - and promptly lost - Language rooms maybe?
Five. Policy Papers must be completed...
Six. Girls in Boys' Brigade. Thanks for spicing us up :)
Seven. The only double-syllable number.
Eight. Finally ate lunch today - fasting was up
Nine. Hopefully we've learned some lessons from the fast.
Ten. Happy birthday ACS!

2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

This verse I recall fondly from the Fairfield Preaching Point 2005 camp - a strong affirmation of our identity in Christ - that of being born again. Of being a new creation in Christ, shedding our old selves and putting on the new robes of righteousness - O what a privilege to be saved!

I often think of butterflies - and butterflies emerging from their cocoons. Splendid array of colors! We'll keep it short this time. Let's be butterflies and show off the splendid grace of our Lord and King. As we flutter through the classroom corridors, may we be a testimony to his glory and grace! That new freedom and life that we have in Christ let us fully embrace and fully enjoy! Fly Away!

If I were a rainbow, I'd show my colors for You
If I were a songbird, I'd sing my song for You

So beautiful, such a miracle,
That You would give up heaven just for me
All I want to do is fall more and more in love with You
This world doesn't own me anymore
One thing that I do know for sure...

If I were a rainbow, I'd show my colors for You
If I were a songbird, I'd sing my song for You

If I were a butterfly, I'd flutter to the sky for You!

Jesus, be ever so real to me!

No comments: