Thursday, January 25, 2007

Love's Simplicity

When the music fades. When all else disappears. Love remains. The greatest of these is love.

(Thanks tess for that encouraging post!)

We find ourselves in a world where we seek emotional and spiritual highs. but many times in our search for such highs we complicate things a lot - we pressurize ourselves, we pressurize God, we seek too much for the gift and not the giver; We might 'force out' QT, force out 'beautiful' and 'long' prayers to God - and miss the whole point - we look beyond what is truly important. And I guess what is most important is God's love. In any relationship, it's love that counts. And this little prayer sums it all up:

"I just came again to tell You, Lord, how happy I've been, since we found each other's friendship and You took away my sin. I don't know much of how to pray, but I think about You every day. So, Jesus, this is me checking in."


such simplicity. Pray it. Whisper it. Quiet moments each day with God. And every breath, every word matters to God. Just feel the breeze, the soft caress, and you'll find the answer, echoing softly in the wind...

"I just came again to tell you, (insert your name here), how happy I have been, since we found this friendship, and I took away your sin. I always love to hear you pray, I think about you each day, and so (insert your name here), this is Jesus checking in."


And now I find myself kneeling down like never before. And praying this simple little prayer to Jesus. Amen.

No comments: