Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Burnout

I was consumed. Feverish, consumed, and hurting in the head. A sudden onset of fever caught me off guard - perhaps it was due to the foolish walking back in the heavy showers, getting all wet and chilly, or perhaps it was a timely reminder from God to remember Him.

You see, humanity is frail, and we cannot rely on our own strength, yet that is our natural tendency, to push ourselves to the limit, thinking that we can achieve as long as we persevere. We tend to trust in chariots, in our physical and tangible assets, in our plans and actions, but sometimes we lose sight of it all. It's strange that we can seek revival yet forget to seek God.

And I'm reminded once again of that promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14:

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.


God desires for us to seek His face, not to seek the gifts we desire. Perhaps we've all been so caught up in the moment, that we've left God all alone.

He reminded me of human weakness, gave me a terrible but effective wake-up call. Broke me, and more importantly, restored me the next morning. Spend time with Him my brothers and sisters, and spend time to seek Him, not merely to ask for revival, or ask for visions and direction, but seek Him. Only Him.

No comments: