Friday, January 12, 2007

Let Your Rain Fall Upon Me

The pitter patter of rain against tempered glass, after a relatively dry spell of 3 weeks or so, it poured, and keeps pouring even as the pitter patter blends with the clitter clatter of fingers on the keyboard. Recalling the past two days, words from the song 'Spirit touch your church'

Spirit touch your church
Stir the hearts of men
Revive us Lord
In Your presence once again
I want to care for others like Jesus cares for me
Let your rain fall upon me
Let your rain fall upon me


In the words of a very lovable friend: 'I believe this is not a coincidence'.

Project Beacon took off yesterday, the school's our parish, the fire's in our hearts, burning with the passion of the Holy Spirit. With much gratitude with praise God for the great turnout - though we remember that numbers matter not - and for the response to the call. With simple faith, with simple passion, we continue to trust God for His perfect guidance, for His practical steps. Blessing the teachers is next on the agenda.

Perhaps 'agenda' is a dangerous word. Programs and more programs, that's not the way it ought to be - rather, prayer and continual seeking of God's face and His will for the group. I often wonder how we'll go on, how our passion we'll be sustained, we can only trust God for now. It's really that simple, however you look at it.

It's no coincidence. I wait in anticipation for our new classes, and our new 'fellow classmates'. Whilst others wait in quiet optimism, I find myself feeling a little lost at the thought of being the only GEPer to take my combination - the only GEPer stranded in the midst of the IB ocean. Maybe it's for the better, sure, throw me into the deep end. Whatever class you might be in, make the best of it, seek opportunities to bless and forge lasting relationships.

Meanwhile - Primers' Day Out beckons. I should be in bed now. :)

No comments: