Saturday, February 03, 2007

Great Joy

I fondly remember one of Mr Charles Ng's most profound - yet essentially simple - quotes:

"Man is most satisfied when God is most glorified
God is most glorified, when man is most satisfied in Him"


With work piling in at unspeakable rates - with so many dreams and wishes to be fulfilled - with so many worries on hand - it can be tough to focus on God. In open confession - I have woken up in the mornings several times this week - only to say Amen to God then. Fallen asleep: how ironic for the person who spoke to FireAC about QT.

To put aside our other desires, to realize that nothing can satisfy us except the living water of God, is what we must do. Sin and earthly things bring instantaneous pleasure - sadly, many are led astray in this vain pursuit - but sin is can be compared to borrowing from a 'pleasure bank', and - alas - with a stunning interest rate! I admit - once I succumbed to sin - but now we have to hate it - simply because our Father hates it!

Enjoying God is something we should all learn to do, something which I am still trying to find. The Psalmist prayer: "One thing I desire, that is to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to meditate upon His perfection..." Perhaps we have yet to truly truly understand the pleasure of knowing God. He must be our joy, our everything, and that's a tough calling.

Knowing You Jesus, knowing You, there is no greater thing.

I was so encouraged by Alex's testimony last Friday, though it was the second time it had graced my ears. What rejuvenation and joy it brought to the parched soul. Sneaking a peek at those who had raised their hands in confession - what great restoration that day! Dragging out our closet sins - what strength from God that must require! As for me, I'll wait, till the day God shows me when to say it all.

Whiteboard frenzy with John Tay - shameless advertisement of the FireAC cause. Many people rejected it and responded with a quick swish of the duster - but (to Mr Charles Ng's amusement), we simply dusted off our sandals. Sigh. It's so hard to love in a world that rejects the truth.

Open the blind eyes, unlock the deaf ears, come to your people, as we draw near. (then perhaps it is our ears that need some loosening up as well...)

I've been getting so many lamb images - perhaps I shall post on the FireAC blog then :)

No comments: