Sunday, February 11, 2007

Crushes

Valentine's Day draws near. Agape week draws closer, and the air of romance thickens. But for us bounded by the two grand red tapes of Primers, it will be yet another lonely night.

Many of us have felt it - a crush - many of us have gone beyond it as well. Inexplainable joy, incomprehensible passion wells from within. There's a pressing desire to always be in touch with that person, 一日不见如三秋 (a day apart is like three autumns apart). It's a beautiful feeling, and somewhere before I've posted something about crushes. But recently, it's been returning to me - this feeling of being struck by Cupid's arrow.

The new sense of purpose, the new source of joy, the new heightened sense of emotion and gratitude for every opportunity to be together. Refreshing and unforgettable. But can it go beyond that.

Now before Mr Charles Ng starts calling me up and lecturing me - and before people start to suspect something - I'm not hooked onto anyone.

It's just this crush - this want to pursue something with all our heart, mind, soul and strength - it's something I want to experience again - something I want to embrace again. To be loved and to love again!

Oh Lord - give me a crush on you! That you be the only thing that fills my mind, and occupies my every thought, the only person I want to get to know intimately, the sole purpose of my being! How about a date on Valentines'? :)

No comments: