Thursday, April 05, 2007

Cold Turkey

never in my life have i celebrated that festival called Thanksgiving- and so I have never really eaten turkey as it was meant to be eaten - but now and then the chance comes along, and i have a little bite of that plump bird. it tastes like chicken (like almost every other bird perhaps), i little tougher, less tender and harder to chew - but nevertheless edible and chicken-like. cold turkey is simply turkey that is cold.

any food that is cold is hardly worth eating - that is except ice-cream. which is quite out of point now. but cold turkey is yucky. but sometimes you have to eat it. and it hurts your tummy. but it's for the greater good. hopefully.

a long week of school. ups and downs (ah...No Other City indeed, English IA beckons) like a sine curve/cosine curve (trigo i'm coming soon!). it's been tough. but I thank God for leading me through the light and the darkness.

REW was rather meaningful, an empowerment of the Christians in the school more than anything. and something stirred within me as I realized that God was moving the hearts of all in that school - people sang their hearts out - hearts were turning to Him. and suddenly all around me there were so many Christians (FireAC or not) starting to witness to their non-Christian friends (most notably the class of 5.14!). and I found myself in the level 6+ emo spot recently, talking to this Indian contractor by the name of Kasinathan - and finally found a home for the Gideon's bible at hand (:

yes keep drawing near to Him my dear friends. and keep interceding for those who have not known Him yet. keep up the good work you have started - and one day the Lord of the Harvest will bless and bless - the doors of heaven opened and our barns will be insufficient!

Koinonia - pray hard - pray for His work. haiz.

and please - warm up my turkey soon?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the last day of rew was different. i think God was present in a way that none of that jangling, drumming and vocal gymnastics could have caused to happen previously. but wow, mr. kan, his heart is in the right place.