Sunday, August 20, 2006

Korean Blues

So 10Dec to 20Dec: feeling called to go Thailand for the BB mission trip, for exposure, for experience and basically seeing God at work in everyone's lives. Recently, there's been alot of assurances regarding fears and potential happenings, and God has been telling me He'll be that rock and fortress to sustain me all the way. It's a notable sacrifice, 10 holiday days....and taking into account the fact that I'll have church camp and a whole host of activities on..well.

Then suddenly, there's family holiday planned from 11-20 December. Great. The only few days my dad's free apparently. The whole family's going (well almost the whole...2 aunts' worth of family is quite big enough) to Korea. doh. Nice icy-cold Korea. doh.

Course I was distraught. Another dilemma. Those nasty sticky situations. Have to rely on prayer now. Somehow, God's calling should be higher than any other thing. And There was that prayer prayed earlier "Here I am send me", that prayer that commits the whole of myself to God's purposes, which are definitely higher and better. But sometimes it's so difficult, to let go of such a long-awaited opportunity to go abroad with family.

Sacrifices. Something we all have to face now and then. But we'll commit this to God like always.

And then there's this weird thing about everyone wanting me to be more 'man'....then again...let's leave this to another time..or leave it unmentioned.

No comments: