Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Times Of Refreshing

Tim is finally back. And back blogging. The past six days have really been a refreshing time, much in sync with the church camp's theme of 'Times of Refreshing'. 4 days in Seremban, 2 days in Malacca, wow i have so much to share and too little time to blog! Came back today to a warm welcome chat with Ding, happily watching soccer in america. Of course, with it, comes the worries of hwk...which i am yet to complete. Yes i know you guys don't believe me...but it's the truth!


9 June - 12 June: 2006 FMC Camp. Times of Refreshing

I had initial doubts about going. Having been in Fairfield Preaching Point for the past 3 years or so, i had lost contact with so many from the mother church, was a daunting task to go back into an environment where i was an alien. Debating over whether to go, i was my usual self, 'anything also can', yet i prayed so hard that God would provide for me friends and people to get to know so that i would feel more at home. And He did, He blessed abundantly and faithfully.

By the end of the camp. It was tough to part with the new friends made (and the old friendships renewed): Daryl, Sam, Breanna, Jan, Issaac, Daniel, Matthias, Chew Yee...a whole lot more who i will always remember...sigh. It's such a painful thing you know, having to go somewhere, make friends, then having to leave those friends behind. Daryl was a real mentor, the leader of our 'tribe' or group Naphtali, a real pleasure to meet, mature and well just fun to chat with as well...like a big brother kinda person. Chew Yee....really hillarious laughs and screams, ex-student of my dad, and we had a short chat here and there. And Janice, well reminded me of my cous, she provided a real warm feeling that brought me quite a bit of joy and care during the camp...encouragement boards. Left these people behind...sigh.

I often wonder why God would just let me meet people and then leave them behind...it seems so sad...if only i knew why..what's the purpose. Never mind. One day we'll all meet in heaven again..or in the more recent times...maybe Watch night service at the end of the year. Will miss you guys..don't forget me k? :D

So i thank God for the friends. And i thank Him also for a refreshing time. Learnt so many new truths through Rev Tony Tan. Really gave me new insights to living a refreshed life for God. And his talks were peppered with jokes and humor as well..had a great time. Meditating on God's love, giving thanks, obedience, all part of a refreshed life, putting Him first....not work or money or those worldly things. But it's never easy.

Then there was all the 'firsts' experiences. Slained by the Spirit (not me lah), or the Speaking in Tongues. Wow i really discovered how real and how powerful God was, seeing people moved to tears and falling flat on the floor, or that evil laugh from someone, or the healing and all the miracles. It all happened during the extended worship, a time where we all fell on our knees in repentance, took off our sandals in reverence and just worshipped the Lord. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit as well, i missed it because of a bit of fear, but next time i pray the Lord will give me the courage.

there was an extended prayer session with all the preaching point people as well, where i was so passionately prayed for, moved to tears and i felt like falling but resisted it, maybe i shld have just fell from my kneeling position. Anyway, it was a time where i felt moved to speak in tongues (yet i'm still unsure whether what i speak is from the Lord...guess it'll take time to find out), and i just felt so refreshed, so joyful that i finally decided to let go! We prayed for everyone in that room that day, and others as well. Really meaningful time.

Youth program was a real joy as well. Whether it was the ridiculous game of cutting up bananas and reassembling them (yes...) or eating oreos with toothpaste cream, or having a friendly powder fight..was all fun. And yes i'll miss all the great fun with Jeremy, Breanna and Isaac in my group. We had great laughs, thanks God and thanks guys!

Then there was all the fellowship. I found at least 10 people who knew me but i knew them only by face...haha. all the adults spoke to me and i slowly got to know quite a few people as well. Soccer and eating Durians were all part and parcel of fellowship and getting to know each other better. Yes soccer, i played barefoot, got a few blisters, played with sandals and got more, and i found out that my dad could play! One of the games, had to take off my shirt to retrieve something from the water. Yea baywatch style. My skinny bones :D

Anyway. Will be reflecting on those notes in my file. Thinking back on those encouragement board messages as well. And just missing this camp as a whole. 2008 FMC camp...i'm waiting eagerly for you k? :D


12 June - 14 June: Melaka Hols

Yes! we took a holiday to melaka, drove down ourselves to the Equatorial hotel. I managed to get my hands on the Tiger biscuits on coffee - and it was enough to last me for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Cut things short. Most of the time, it was shopping for clothes, if not lazing around in the hotel, watching world cup matches, practicing card tricks, fretting over homework but not doing it, or just sleeping, or just reminiscing the church camp. Wow. Just a real time of doing nothing and being recharged.

I saw mirages for the first time! and we managed to get on early to the Tuas...so no traffic jam this time!

Alright. Back to the working world. Let's hope God will continue to refresh me every day to give me strength to finish my work and go through activities. Life's a real drag at times, but when God's with ya, everything just becomes really really exciting!


No comments: