Sunday, June 04, 2006

hmmm just read this somewhere.

"I am not going to pretend that I am very close to Ding; unlike Stalin, I do not put up photographs to emphasise my closeness or friendship with Comrade Lenin. "

Unlike some who see it fit to splash their emotions around like it's a competition for "Ding's best friend"

I quote. initially i responded with tags. Then i realised it wouldn't be enough. I'm not going to be defensive. Just trying to speak up for the people in question.

Sure it's just six months. But it isn't fair to compare across the board and to set a standard to how we shld all respond to this. Some of us not so close to ding might say, it's just six months. Some people are closer, and perhaps more emotional and expressive, they might respond in exactly that manner - more expressive. whilst some who might have been close to Ding but chose to be more soft spoken about their friendship and their feelings. All these people respond in vastly different ways.

I for one am not the kind who will openly declare my love for anyone. But i have to say that i will miss Ding, and i'm not trying to say that i'm his best friend here. There is no best friend competition. Even if there was one i would lose hands down. I'm not gonna talk about my relationship with ding, for fear that i will be accused of being unncessarily emotional. But I've been through alot b4, and i'm just gonna stop at that. It has been a friendship that has brought many joys as well as pain and struggles.

there is no problem with posting pictures - some people actually wanna share pics and moments with others to remember. Some people actually wanna record an important moment down in their blog. Sure, maybe it's not important to some of us, but it is pretty important to quite a few individuals in our class. Let them be. It's just their way of expressing.

on a lighter note (must not get too flustered). Ding was online for like 10s yesterday..but i wasn't there :( to all christians, make sure we keep praying for his protection k? and also that he will keep growing strong in the Lord, and that the Lord's grace will be sufficient for him :)

No comments: