Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Everlasting Way

composed this little song during QT today, when i realized again how easily we all stray from Jesus. And a little thought in my head led me to Psalms 139, which had this to say at the end:

"Search me and know my heart,
test me and know my anxious thoughts,
See that there is no offensive way in me
And lead me in the everlasting way"

music isn't out yet. but maybe soon. haha. (:


Verse 1
Today is the day
that I want to say
that I've lost my way
Forgive me I pray

I come with confidence before You
For your mercies know no end
and I know that when I pray You'll hear
And take my hand again

Chorus 1
Lead me in the way everlasting
Take me down the roads of righteousness
Jesus you're the way everlasting
Help me live for You more each day

Verse 2
So often we stray
From your righteous way
Like sheep gone astray
We've wandered and lost our way

But Jesus You're the greatest Shepherd
and You'll gather us to You
to restore your flock
and lead us once again (oh Lord we pray)

Chorus 2

Lead us in the way everlasting
Take us down the roads of righteousness
Jesus you're the way everlasting
Help us live for You more each day

I do pray the the Lord will keep us on level paths for His righteousness sake. even as we approach the end of Term 2, He really hasn't stopped being faithful. not at all (: and He's blessed us so bountifully and abundantly.

aye. FireAC. where to now? God. lead us we pray. and to all who still believe in the cause, let's join hands and seek God together!

No comments: