Monday, November 06, 2006

Ode To Eric

While everyone's in a mood for reminiscence, i guess i should spend a moment reflecting on the loss as well, I'm no poet, that's no secret, I'll stick with unrefined nostalgia.

We all agree, we'll miss eric, for his antics, for his guitar playing, for who he was, and for all those laughs that he brought to our faces. For that passion (and fiasco) in the 2005 4.9 CASL worship band plan (which fell through), for all those practices that led to the playing for worship in front of the school last August. For Sally, that little bunny, that showed that perhaps Eric shared with some of us that fondness for stuffed toys (I for one kept a torn and tattered stuffed toy dog till I lost her last year *sobs*)

Sadly, I couldn't bid farewell to Eric like I did with Ding. Church beckoned, and I was needed to play those hymns and that doxology. It felt quite painful, after all we wanted to give Eric a meaningful and heartfelt goodbye, and I couldn't be there to give it. Nevertheless, I gave my blessing the previous night, and prayed that he would have a great time in America.

Still, let's keep Eric, our dear Christian brother, for all his angst, in prayer. Let's keep in touch with him, and let's look forward to his return (hint hint next year). God Bless, Eric. This is not our final farewell :) - yes Tim always has to end on an optimistic note haha.

No comments: