Saturday, December 09, 2006

Pre Khon Kaen Reflections: Training (Part 1)

And so. Now we reflect on the past week, a hectic week, a week of irony. Resting in God, being refreshed spiritually, but physically, we've been really tired. Of course, much to Mr Charles Ng's delight, the midnight and afternoon tea sessions have served their perking-up purposes :). And yes, I am a tea-lover, not really one for coffee :)

Mission trip training has truly been a delight. Fellowship with God has really been brought to a new level. Really, in all this tiring training, I've sought to rekindle that flame with Him, and to rediscover the reason of serving Him, to find meaning in this which I am doing. Asking God for His presence, and for His assuring word - I've realised, that ultimately, through all this seeking, God hopes only to bring us closer to Him. It's the giver, not the gift, that matters (remember that this Christmas!)

Convictions. Perhaps something that I wasn't sure of at the beginning. Was it my desire to go to Thailand? Or God's desire. I prayed the prayer of Isaiah "Here I am, Send me", and waited. That was months back. But having been strongly encouraged by the people around me, I felt that perhaps God was speaking to me through circumstance, and not only circumstance, but that burden for children, that love for children, and those in need. The greatest call for a Christian is to love those around him.

And another time, the Lord assured me of His protection. It was in psalms. 'the Lord is our fortress'. It happened twice, the same line appearing again when I asked for a second conviction and assurance. And I felt peace in my heart after that.

Today, Mr Ng asked us again to ask for a word. And as I reflected and thought, though it was a short time into the prayer, it was the clearest I felt, the Lord ever spoke. It was strange. I thought of how one of the prophets felt God through the gentle wind, and felt His comforting presence. And at that very moment, the words appeared in my head.

Feed My Lambs.

It was strange and sudden. And I said 'Yes', quite immediately, with little thought (in restrospect), it was a great commitment, this 'yes'. And I do hope the Lord sees me through. As such, the command is to love, and to love those in the team, as well as those we are about to meet. Reading on in 2 timothy. There was a message from Paul to Timothy to 'Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and purity.' And not to 'quarrel'

Yes the devil will be there. But Jesus has won the battle! We will strive to be united, and repentant, and loving, only with God's presence and His aid! Hallelujah! Set us aflame Lord! and guide us in this trip with everlasting arms! Amen.

No comments: