Saturday, September 08, 2007

fairytale land

someone once told me that my life at present seemed like a fairytale - for many reasons - among which the perceived high grades, the seemingly smooth-sailing spirituality, the various accolades, the many friends, the lack of relational problems and all.

but here's to say. that i really am no Snow White, no Cinderella, no Belle of the ball, no Peter Pan; because, like everyone else, i'm just another person. no pumpkins for me to ride in, no youth that lasts for an eternity (ok maybe eternal life. but...), and definitely, no prince to kiss me on the cheek (: but that being said. people have this impression that i'm living a fairytale.

maybe persuasion isn't the best method to deal with this - rather, i'd like to direct all who feel so to look at the author of my life - God, my great Father in heaven, the greatest storyteller, the one who knew everything from the beginning, who's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I'm only as blessed as He allows so. and every blessing He gives me, i'm infinitely thankful. and i deserve none of the honor.

it's strange, i look around me, and people seem to live in regrets, live in the emotional ups and downs, live in all kinds of broken dreams and hopes - and i'm not spared from these, it just seems less so sometimes, thank God again - but sometimes, i wish i could just take all the hurt of the world, so that the people around me could all be happy, could all have their dreams come true and could all smile (: I wish i could switch out of my 'happy life' and give it to everyone else - i'd rather be the only sad one...

I oft ask God: why give a man 10 talents and another 5, why not just 7.5 each?

but i realise i'm incapable of such a noble deed. but someone has already taken the hurt of all the world - Jesus (:

meditate on that (:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately this system of leaving msgs is kinda hard, haha( wordpress does this better)
. but i daresay,

fairytale life, life isnt fair much to say, but the thing is, God still loves us all,

and the weaker we are, the more His strenght can be seen, and the more He can be Glorified

and maybe being jealous or envious of another person can only distract us from that. maybe...

LimClanStrummer said...

hmph. maybe i should just move to wordpress...sigh it's not like i'm using my own blogskins anymore.

and yes. never forget that God blesses all (: loves all (: the seeds of jealously and envy sown by the devil must be quickly dug up and tossed aside - those terrible weeds must not be allowed to grow

and there's always a rainbow in the sky (: figuratively of course